We are always on the lookout for Relief Teachers to join our team, to cover to teacher absences. Between Encore School of Music and our partner school, Apollo Music, we teach hundreds of students on Mondays - Saturdays all over Wellington. By becoming a Relief Teacher for one school you can work for both, giving a wide range of job opportunities. We have opportunities for relief work most weeks so we love to have to solid, up to date database of talented and available Relief Teachers who we can call to help cover for teachers at both Encore School of Music and Apollo Music.
This is a contractual position, on an 'as and when needed' basis, as agreed. Remuneration is $30 per hour one-on-one lessons, with higher rates for group lessons.
The purpose of this service is:
- To provide high quality music tuition with relevant musical material for practice, to all students you’ve been assigned. This includes but is not limited to:
- Teaching and assessing students according to Encore/Apollo's curricula and systems;
- Teaching in a way that is positive and engaging to ensure students enjoy the learning experience;
- Guiding students towards sitting and passing Trinity music exams where applicable;
- Continuing the lesson plans and processes for students of regular teachers.
- To ensure that Encore! School of Music is well represented in all your interactions with team members, customers and the public;
- To show quality, customer-focused interaction with the students, parents and other tutors;
- To ensure satisfied students and parents of students.
- Integrity, Reliable & Great Attitude - Trustworthy, honest, reliable and committed. Turns up for work as promised and can be relied upon.
Customer service - Treats customers with courtesy and is friendly and approachable, a pleasure for customers to deal with. Maintains composure under pressure. Well presented.
Teamwork -Works well with teachers, admin team and director. Communicates all relevant information to the appropriate parties to ensure that things run smoothly.
- Musicianship - University level (or equivalent) musical ability.
- Teaching - Must have previous teaching experience.
- Ability to work in New Zealand – citizenship, residency or work visa.
Please send through the following:
- CV and Cover Letter
- Please include link(s) to a recording of you playing your chosen instrument. Audio or video, recording quality does not matter.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying